Monday, April 21, 2008

My interview on CATCH DA CRAZE


I was interviewed a few weeks back for CATCH DA CRAZE, a comic book radio show out of New Jersey. The host, Samuel Vera, was actually a guest on my own radio show a short while back, so it was really fun to be on his show!

Sam's an amazing person, I really love his show. He's an electrifying Puerto Rican from New York whose got equal amounts of street smarts and Madison Avenue marketing savvy. He writes/draws and publishes his own comics, and his energetic personality is put to great use as a host. This guy could easily host a national tv show!

This is probably my favorite interview I've done for several reasons. Sam really knows the right questions to ask of a self-publisher cartoonist with a film adaptation to his credit. And Sam and I are very passionate about our independent spirits. Also, after having done about 6 months of interviews as a host myself, I think I have a new appreciation for being interviewed, in that I wanted to be as good an interviewee as I think I am an interviewer! I don't know if that makes sense to anyone, but I really felt I had my 'game face' on when doing the interview. Let me know what you think.

No bombshell surprises, but I do talk about the time I almost quit self-publishing after only my second time exhibiting! Also, learn about my less-than-stellar educational career! And it was cool to be able to do my first interview about DEMOLITION DOVE (as opposed to me talking about it on my own radio show!!)

Check out my interview on CATCH DA CRAZE here!

No comments: