Wednesday, December 23, 2009

EL MUERTO fluorescent black light poster art experiment!


I wanted to experiment with creating 'blacklight poster' type art (colored with fluorescent colors to be shown under a black light). Marvel in the day produced a bunch of trippy posters in this style, which you can see here.

So I took one of my El Muerto color art files, "bleached" out the color (using Threshold in Phototshop, as I was too lazy to find the original b&w art to scan!), printed it out, then used some Highlighter markers to color the print. Afterwards, I scanned it back in the computer and made a color/brightness adjustment.

Again, this is just a quick experiment, but I really like the idea of exploring with this color palette and producing some original art in this method. Pretty groovy!

2 comments:

JUNY said...

Trippy!

Jim Lujan said...

That is very DAY GLO and very cool.