Monday, June 23, 2008

Mort Todd DEMOLITON DOVE

My friend and occasional collaborator MORT TODD just sent me this pic:


He took a sketch of mine and finished it with his mighty brush and nuclear-powered color palette! Thanks, Mort.

Mort and I worked on the mini-comic book that's included in the EL MUERTO DVD. He finished the art and colored it in grayscale. I like working with him on projects because we have a similar enough sensibility about comics but also we have enough differences in our approaches that it always leads to a good hybrid.



Mort's got about a quarter century experience as a comics pro. His work has ranged from comics, strips, film, television and the web. I had the chance to interview him on my radio show, PLANET COMIC BOOK RADIO where we talked about everything and everyone from Dan Clowes to Steve Ditko to Speed Racer!

He and I will certainly be working together again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic. Mort Todd ROCKS (as do you)!