Saturday, March 19, 2011

New interview at RETCON Podcast

On St. Patrick's Day I spent an hour or so talking to the RETCON Podcast, a comics and pop culture show. I was interviewed by Henry Barajas and Eric Schock . We talked about, surprise, surprise... me and my comics work!

Among the topics we kicked around were creating comics with a D.I.Y. aesthetic, race & culture, teaching comic book workshops, my in-progress WEAPON TEX-MEX Vs EL MUERTO comic and the upcoming LATINO COMICS EXPO at the Cartoon Art Museum in San Francisco. 

Interestingly, I was also asked about the EL MUERTO movie, which was released in 2007, but it was nice to talk about it again. As I had never been on the RETCON Podcast, it was a fresh subject for us to talk about. Actually, doing an interview about a film several years old now allows me to approach it with a certain perspective. I shared some behind-the-scenes anecdotes regarding the film, and it was nice to be able to relate the positive experiences I had with the production.

Another thing I mentioned on the podcast was that just this week a college student has ordered some of my books from my online shop, in preparation for his upcoming thesis on Latino comic books! That came out of the blue and it was quite a proud moment, I must say. 


You can listen to the podcast by following this link, or listen via iTunes (just search 'Retcon Podcast' in iTunes and download Episode #9).


My thanks to RETCON for having me on the show, and a tip of the hat to hosts Henry and Eric for their engaging questions.

 

No comments: