Thursday, October 21, 2010

Dia de Los Muertos events in Whittier this weekend

This Saturday and Sunday, I'll be at two Day of the Dead events in good ol' Whittier, Ca! When you're the creator of a comic book character called El Muerto, and you live in Whittier, these are 100% 'No brainers'!

On Saturday, October 23, I'll be attending the first ever Dia de Los Muertos event at Rose Hills Memorial Park & Mortuary:


Rose Hills is the largest memorial park in the world, and as this is their inaugural Dia de Los Muertos, I'm glad to be participating. Having grown up around the Rose Hills area, it's very interesting for me to be able to exhibit there, as it'll have a very 'neighborly' feel to it! I'll be signing at the Luna Sol Books table from 1:30pm to 2:30pm, hosted by my friend Janelle Gonzalez. 


On Sunday, October 24, I'll be exhibiting at the Uptown Whittier Dia de Los Muertos event. I'll be there for pretty much the whole event, from 11am-5pm. I'll be located in front of GEEKS Comics, at 6747 Greenleaf Ave, Ste A, Whittier, CA 90601. 



It's always a treat to be able to attend events in my hometown. Saves wear and tear on the vehicle and keeps fuel costs down! I actually invited all the kids in my local workshops to attend, so let's see if 'teacher' can draw them in (maybe they can get extra credit for buying some books!).

No comments: