Friday, October 26, 2012

DEAD DINOSAURIO debuts at NUVEIN DIA DE LOS MUERTOS and MUERTOMANIA 2

Just a reminder that this weekend I'll be appearing at two different DIA DE LOS MUERTOS events here in the Los Angeles area. And my latest comic, DEAD DINOSAURIO, will premiere at these two events this weekend!



On Saturday, at the Valley Mall in El Monte, I'll be exhibiting at the NUVEIN FOUNDATION DIA DE LOS MUERTOS event. It's the annual celebration put on by the non-profit organization I've been working with for several years now. This is a free event for the community, featuring music, folkloric dancers and poetry, along with plenty of vendors. Check out our Facebook page for details. And my latest comic, DEAD DINOSAURIO, will premiere at these two events this weekend!

On Sunday, I'll be exhibiting for the first time at MUERTOMANIA 2, another free event, this one celebrating Dia de Los Muertos and Lucha Libra (Mexican-style wrestling). This event is put on by Solidarity Ink, a gallery and print shop serving the Lincoln Heights area of Los Angeles. In addition to the vendors, there will be live music, Azteca dancers, live wrestling as well as an art show dedicated to deceased wrestlers. Here's a flyer I made to promote my appearance:


And here's the piece I'm contributing to the art show. My tribute to the late, great Macho Man Randy Savage:


 In addition to DEAD DINOSAURIO and my other comics and prints, I'll also have this new batch of EL MUERTO COFFIN DOLLS. EL Muerto sketch dolls with hand-painted coffins!

 It's a big weekend and hope to see some of you out there. Dia de Los Muertos is, at heart, a true celebration of love for those that have passed on. Bring your family and friends to these free events and join in the festivities!

No comments: