Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Preview my COMIC POP solo art show!

Here are a couple of pics of some of the paintings I'll have on display this weekend at my COMIC POP art show in San Francisco. Opening Reception is on Saturday, April 3 from 5pm-8pm at the Encantada Gallery of Fine Arts. Check my previous post for more all the details.

"Hijo de La Muerte", 2005, acrylic.

"I wish I wasn't an Oscar Mayer Weinermobile", 2010, acrylic.

These little bite-size paintings are done in acrylic and the canvases are about 2"x2". The El Muerto custom figure is there to show scale, it ain't gonna be for sale! A former girlfriend of mine made it for me, it's one of a kind...and it's all mine!

If you can make it to Opening on Saturday night, I'd love to see you there. FYI: On Friday, April 2, I'll be at Wondercon drawing at The Cartoon Art Museum's booth (#721).

3 comments:

Jim Lujan said...

Wow...seriously, that Godzilla is one of the best things you've done. I love that.

Greenblatt the Great! said...

This show is super-off-the-hook!

If you're broke and living in the Bay Area, go see the show, it's free.

If you're loaded and you live in the Bay Area, go see the show and buy a piece of art. You won't be sorry once you sober up!

Jav, love your awesome accompanying sketchbook, too. Highly recommended, culture lovers!

Greenblatt the Great! said...

Choco with painting of Choco: what a photo! You need to turn that into a funny Scholastic poster with the phrase "Life imitates art" underneath it!