Friday, September 02, 2011

THE COMA production art

In a previous post, I shared with you the news that I was working on an all-new comic book, THE COMA. For the last month, I have been feverishly working on it, getting it ready to print and debut at the Alternative Press Expo this October 1 & 2.


Well, I'm finishing up the art on the book, so I haven't had time to post more on my progress. I have however been posting small updates via my Twitter, Facebook and DeviantArt pages. Usually I'll post some of what I call 'color doodles' (drawings on 5.5" x 5.5" sheets of Bristol paper, drawn with non-photo blue pencil and Pentel brush pen, colored with Tombow markers). I do these as warm-up drawings before starting a page of THE COMA, or sometimes as production art to get a feeling for a character.


So, for the readers of this blog who haven't seen these images via my other social networks, here are the various color drawings I've done of the Coma and related characters...











I'll be back soon with my previously promised post about the origins of the Coma. Until then, enjoy these pieces and keep sending me positive vibes until I get my book sent to the printers!!


The Coma & all related characters are © & ™ Javier Hernandez 2011. All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

Greenblatt the Great! said...

This is really beautiful work, Javy. Colorful, trippy and surreal. A touch of Ditko in there but definitely your own style.

I can't wait to read this!

Michael