Monday, May 07, 2007

El Muerto screening in East Los Angeles MAY 18!


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Okay all you Southern Cali Muerto fans, here it comes! EL MUERTO will be screening at the REEL RASQUACHE LATINO FILM FESTIVAL at Cal State LA on friday night, 7 pm on May 18!

Tickets are available through the Luckman Fine Arts box office, and I would recommend jumping on this quick as seating is limited! I'll be at the screening of course, as well as attending the after-party reception! Come and support this great independent film, in this, the Golden Age of Comic Book Movies!! I never would have thought back in the swinging 70s as a little impressionable kid that one day there would be a film based on a comic book I created, hot on the heels of the Spider-Man movie trilogy! Simply miraculous, I gotta tell ya.

Among the great talent in the Muerto movie are Wilmer Valderrama (THAT 70s SHOW), Angie Cepeda (LOVE IN THE TIME OF CHOLERA), Tony Plana (UGLY BETTY), Joel David Moore (ART SCHOOL CONFIDENTIAL), and the great Michael Parks (GRINDHOUSE). How's that for a stellar cast?! And of course I held my own in my little cameo, too!

I was born in East LA, lo many years ago, so it's really nice to be able to screen the film, about my zombie superhero, in my birthplace. Hope to see and meet many of you at this magical evening!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: