Thursday, February 12, 2009

A new sketch of an old idea

Here's a new sketch (today in fact!) of an old character I designed about 8 or 9 years ago!



I don't even know if I have any sketches of this character in my sketchbooks. At the time I was the Art Director at a screenprinting firm, and I used to do sketches all the time on scraps sheets of paper. So I don't know if I kept any of those sketches. But the design was simple enough to stick in my head. He, or it, was basically created as a variation of CASPER, THE FRIENDLY GHOST. Everyone is scared of him but he's equally afraid of them! Some folks have told me the character reminds them of ORKO from He-Man. I can certainly see where the comparison comes from, but I can't say I was a big fan of the cartoon back in the 80's. Some of the action figures were pretty cool though....

Anyways, I don't know what, or even if, I'll do with this character, but he sure is fun to draw. Perhaps a painting, or some Live Art pieces, are in order. Well, at any rate, it's neat to revisit these 'long lost' ideas.

No comments: